Artist of the Day: On Deck - Leah Giberson

On Deck Leah Giberson leahgiberson

Artist Bio:After graduating from Massachusetts College of Art with a BFA in painting, I made my living as a freelance interactive designer for over ten years, but only made art periodically. I set up my Etsy shop in March 2008 to sell prints and originals. Etsy has allowed me to reach a much wider audience than I ever would have on my own and I am thrilled to say that I am now able to paint almost full time!
My current body of work falls somewhere between the worlds of photography, painting and collage. I begin with photographs of seemingly ordinary and mundane scenes, which I then paint directly upon to distill and reveal the visually poignant moments that exist all around us, but are often overlooked.

 ---
I am sitting here and I want to be sitting there. I can hardly stand it!

Check out Boston-based artist Leah Giberson's paintings of airstream trailers, deck and lawn chairs to satisfy your urge to take off on a road trip pulling your tiny home behind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment