Artist of the Day: Le Tetenus - Caroline Mays


Le Tetenus
Caroline Mays vealkutlets

This illustration comes from a story poem about an old barn where "Tetenus spins like filthy ballerinas on the tips of rusty nails."

Artist Bio: My drawings and etchings are mostly based on short stories and little narrative poems that I write. I grew up in Louisiana, and am intrigued by the old and swampy. I am an educator, teaching students the glorious freedoms of a shitty first draft. A hand-pulled print is an original work of art. Owning original art is a super cool thing to do in our culture of outsourced, manufactured, homogenized goods. Etching, in a nut shell, involves using copper, sharp tools, acid, and chemicals to make art.
---

Seattle-based artist Caroline models her prints in the most amusing guises. I think the photographs are as engaging as the artwork. You will have to click on her site's link to see the artwork she is displaying and see for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment