Artist of the Day: Rose - Erin Tyner

Rose Erin Tyner erintyner.etsy.com & erintyner.wordpress.com

Erin Tyner's photograph illustrates, in almost GPS precision, how I feel about where I am, where I'm headed. Sometimes, you're in tall grass,and you have no idea where you're going because there isn't a clear path.

The beginning of 2012 has me feeling completely unmoored, yet hopeful that I will find my true north. I thought I was trekking down my path, but I realize I've been wandering, sometimes with purpose, but mostly from one destination to another, because that was has been needed these last few years.

I thought I knew the path I was on, because it was familiar. Familiar is comfortable and full of switchbacks. Familiar isn't a path forward.

In this second month of the new year, there really is nothing more to do than to stand still and take a deep breath, and wait. Wait at the crossroads until a middle way, a new path appears, and then embark, destination unknown. My plan is to head down this unfamiliar path, slow and steady.



Artist Bio:
This store features miniature photography from the Half Awake diorama series, flower portraits from the Any Other Name series, and a selection of natural history inspired specimen photos.
I was recently interviewed for Etsy's Featured Seller series. You can read the interview here:
www.etsy.com/storque/spotlight/featured-seller-erintyner-12565/

For news and information on new series, please follow me:

Blog: http://erintyner.wordpress.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Erin-Tyner-Photography/169969643017815

No comments:

Post a Comment