Artist of the Day: Peony - Judy Stalus

Peony Judy Stalus judystalus.etsy.com

Only three more months until my peonies are in full bloom.

Artist Bio:
I live on fifty acres of beautiful gardens, fields and woodlands in Walpole, New Hampshire with my husband and daughter Despite the harsh climate of northern New England I have flowers in blossom from March through November. I grow hundreds of varieties but have a special love of tulips, iris, peonies and poppies. I have iris in bloom for many months from the tiny iris reticulata and iris cristata of early spring to the summer blooms of bearded, Louisiana, Japanese and Siberian iris. Voluptuous peonies and perennial poppies are followed by dozens of annual and Icelandic poppies.

Photographs:These gardens and flowers are the basis for most of my current photography. I photograph flowers in the garden, in the house, from afar and very close through every season. I began photographing in 1971 and my work has changed with me as my life has changed. I was a film photographer printing both black and white and color in my darkroom. But a few years ago I was seduced by the magic of Photoshop and now print exclusively digitally. I still use a few of my old film camera including my Diana from the 1960s, a Holga, and my Polaroid SX-70 Land camera but primarily shoot with digital camera.

All of my photographs are printed with archival pigmented inks on fine art, watercolor, or rice papers. They are each signed on the back.
Cards include envelopes.

As seen at:
The Soho Gallery
Green Tree Gallery
Walpole Artisans Cooperative
Vermont Center for Photography
Mill Pond Gallery
Silverman Arts Center
Sharon Arts Center
Keene State College
Simply Hue
HJM Art Gallery Blog
theprettybee.blogspot.com
brightboldbeautiful.blogspot.com
mysticwynd.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment