Watch & Listen Playlist: June 15-17 2012

I remember when I first heard Called Out in the Dark I misheard "we are listening" as "we are glistening". Either way, both have interesting meaning: we are hearing or heard; we are luminous beings. I hadn't heard this song for a very long time, and as I listened to it while driving and singing "we are glistening" I was smiling, happy inside the cocoon of my car.

Something about the song led me to think about the light and dark in each of us and how both aspects need validation and expression.

This weekend, let's pack up the car and head down the highway, starting our road trip in the early morning darkness, but ultimately reaching our destination with George Harrison and James Mercer's singing the sun up.

Called Out in the Dark - Snow Patrol
Spirit in the Dark - Aretha Franklin
Like Dreamers Do - The Radiators
I Don't Really Want to be Social - Bronco
Burning Down the House - Talking Heads
Time to Get Away - LCD Soundsystem
Ride Ride Ride - Vetiver
Ticket to Ride - The Beatles
Windows Are Rolled Down - Amos Lee
Sitting on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
Water - Sugarcubes
Crescent City - Lucinda Williams
The High Road - Broken Bells
These Days - Dr. Dog
These Days - St. Vincent
Trouble Come Running - Spoon
Rolling in the Deep - Adele
Stone Rollin - Raphael Saadiq
New Ceremony - Dry the River
My Sweet Lord - George Harrison
It's Only Life - The Shins

No comments:

Post a Comment