Song of the Day: Grown Ocean - Fleet Foxes


Fleet Foxes
Grown Ocean

I am feeling the draw to the ocean today. 

About this time last year I was getting ready to go to Hawaii. We stayed in a condo right on the beach and I kept the sliding glass door open so I could hear the waves crash all night long. I remember thinking that if I lived here, I would spend all my free time in the water. I talked with a few locals who said they didn't spend too much time at oceanside. I couldn't believe it.

I suppose it's the same no matter where you call home. I live in a beautiful flyover state. The Rocky Mountains and excellent hiking trails and are less than fifteen minutes away. Also, I live less than fifteen minutes from the Great Salt Lake.

Tourists from all over the world come specifically to hike or for a float in the salty water. I haven't done either this summer. Yet

The salty sea I live by has been making its presence known these last few strangely humid days. My daughter remarked that  It stinks! It smells like brine shrimp!

I think I'll pack up the car and spend the day on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment