Artist of the Day: An Open Heart Sets Sail - Aimee Sicuro

an open heart sets sail aimee sicuro weathergirlshop

Artist Bio: A little over three years ago I left my full time job in New York to pursue free-lance illustration full time. It was the best decision I've ever made despite the pay cut :) Now I live with my husband on a tree line street in Brooklyn surrounded by talented artists and plenty of good coffee shops. My work has appeared in The New York Times Magazine, Oprah Magazine, Prevention Magazine, Yoga Journal, The Wall Street Journal, Simon and Schuster and Reader's Digest Best Life Magazine. I've exhibited work in San Francisco, New York City and New Hampshire.
---

Excuse me while I mix my metaphors: When I was a child my heart was open to everything and everyone. At some point during the years, I built a thick-walled castle and surrounded the structure with a wide and dangerous moat. I don't know the exact moment when I gave the order, but I do know the drawbridge has been pulled up for years. I think it's time to reverse the order and let my heart out, let it set sail for destinations unknown.

How about all of us open our hearts?

No comments:

Post a Comment