Artist of the Day: Winter Wonderland - Yann Photographer

winter wonderland yann photographer
 
Thanksgiving is over and now Christmas is on the horizon.
 
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish it would snow. I'm ready for turtlenecks and sweaters, heavy socks and snow boots. I'm ready to sit by the fire all wrapped up in a blanket and sigh for the warmth and flowers of spring.
 
We've had our first snow, but it has been an unseasonably warm early winter. I remember slogging through a foot of snow by this time in years past. I've pulled out my heavier scarves, vests, and serapes, but have yet to wear a coat.
 
This photo illustrates the confusion of the season well. Perhaps I want it to snow only if it looks as lovely as these flowers weighted down with a skiff of snow.
 
My perennial and annual flowers all wilted from the bite of frost and heavy snow a few weeks ago, but my herbs and decorative grasses are still green and upright.  I will have to photograph them once it snows again.
 
---
artist bio: I am a French professional photographer. I specialize in many things: portraits, products, landscapes, reportages. Feel free to have a look at my website on www.yannphotographe.fr
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment