Artist of the Day: Under the Bridge - Patrick Bornemann

under the bridge patrick bornemann  artcalifornia
artist bio: My name is Patrick, I like to describe myself as a globe trotter and world citizen. I was a hungry Art student; I went in Art school in Paris, Marseille, Nice and Venice. I use only natural pigments because of the connection they have with earth. I play with colors. I mix them creating new harmonies, new vibes, new combinations and new schemes. I learned a lot while working in art studios with master painters in Nice, Paris and Venice. When I moved to California, I developed my true passion and skill in fine arts. I love to paint subtle day to day observations that go unnoticed by the average eye. Travelling is always an inspiration because of the diversity of environments.
---
We have family from San Francisco staying with us this weekend, so San Francisco-based artist Borneman's original painting of the Golden Gate Bridge is perfect for the final image of the week.

Every time I visit San Francisco, I think I could live there. Then I price the houses and decide maybe not. I love the diversity, the proximity to the ocean, the museums and art galleries, the eco-friendly artist community culture, the blogging community, the parks, the shops, the food, the friendly people, the fog, even the crazy-steep roads.

I haven't left my heart in San Francisco, but sometimes I think I've left my wistfulness, or maybe just my hipster wannabe self there.

No comments:

Post a Comment