Watch & Listen Playlist: October 12-14

This month came in swinging a volley of hard right jabs, didn't it? I've even been having pugilist-themed dreams. In one I wrote a speech for Muhammad Ali. It began, My name is Muhammad Ali. I was a fighter of men. Now I am a fighter of disease.  So why all the boxing metaphors and dreams? I'm guessing one word: debates.

It is hard to believe that October is here, or that snow is on its way.  We're only two months from the new year, or from the Apocalypse, if you believe the Mayans.

If you're following the election at all, the Eye of the Swallow video from Bad Lip Reading is a bright spot of levity. Hilarious!

Here's a mix to listen to while sipping on a Halloween Spiked Cider from one of my favorite blogs.

Hello - Poe
Hold On - Angus & Julia Stone
Stand Up - Hindi Zahra
Tell It Like It Is - Martha Wainwright
I'm An Animal - Neko Case
I Am Not Waiting Anymore - Field Report
I'm Getting Ready - Micheal Kiwankna
Ready to Start - Arcade Fire
Yet Again - Grizzly Bear
Cruel - St. Vincent
Bottom of the River - Delta Rae
Bottom of the World - Tom Waits
Little White Lies - Deer Tick
The Walls Are Coming Down - Fanfarlo
Burn It Down - Los Lobos
I'll Walk Right On - Noonday Underground & Paul Weller
Outta My System - My Morning Jacket
All the Rage - Moon Taxi
Dark Star - Policia
Don't Gotta Work It - Fitz and the Tantrums
Civilian - Wye Oak
Don't You Evah - Spoon
Ain't No Easy Way - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
It's Only Life - The Shins
The High Road - Joss Stone
To Just Grow Away - The Tallest Man on Earth
It's All Over Now - Them
I Don't Mind - The Cave Singers
I'm Writing A Novel - Father John Misty
Something More Beautiful - Beth Orton
Billie Hoiday - Warpaint
Not Broken - Skye
The High Road - Broken Bells
All Parts Of Me - Love and Laughter
Rise Up - Shemika Copeland
Good Intent - Kimbra
My Sweet Lord - George Harrison
Lotus Flower - Radiohead
Winds of Change - Fitz and the Tantrums
King and Lionheart - Of Monsters and Men
Set Your Arms Down - Warpaint
Would That Not Be Nice - Divine Fits
Silence - Lucia

No comments:

Post a Comment