Artist of the Day: Tree - Irene Suchocki

 
I woke to the first snowfall of the season this morning. 
 
My corkscrew willow lost so many large branches it appeared as if wind, rather than snow was the culprit.
 
It snowed off and on all day. My mood pitched wildly as each new layer deposited itself on the trees. This does not bode well, especially this early.
 
I have decided that since there is nothing to do but accept the cold, the waning of the light, the heavy ice that has hovered inches above my head every winter for the last few years, I will keep a daily winter diary of winter's landscape and my inner landscape.
 
Perhaps by merging photographs and writing, I can find a way through the ice. 
---
artist bio: In my photography I combine my love of travel and place with a dream-like aesthetic to create visual poems that evoke a sense of magic, delight, nostalgia and romance. I love to photograph iconic places such as Paris, New York, and Venice in a way that gives the sense of having tumbled through a secret doorway into a previously unseen world. When I am not traveling, I turn to nature for inspiration and for subject matter, with a particular fondness for trees and coastal landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment