Artist of the Day: Harvest Fields - Mariann Johansen-Ellis

harvest fields mariann johansen-ellis artcanbefun

The  fields behind my house are plowed and ready for spring planting. Harvest is over. Even so, the tomatoes and herbs in the flower beds that flank my house are still fresh, despite the first frost this morning.

I just discovered Malaga, Andalusia, Spain-based artist Mariann Johansen-Ellis artist, and admire her aesthetic.

I also love the process of cutting into a lino block and watching my images emerge.

My latest project employs the same techniques as lino cut. I'm carving clay jewelry, and I have to tell you the process has been deeply satisfying. 

I'll post a few examples here once the pieces are finished.
---
artist bio: Cascada Studio in Mijas, Andalucia, Southern Spain, offers printmaking courses all year round! Go to www.artcanbefun.com for more information. I am a print maker and a painter.... I love printmaking, and sometimes I love to paint, art, comes first in my life. I don't have a formal art education, but after 18 years of arts and crafts I am in a place I am quite happy with, and had some serious fun in the process... on my website www.MariannJohansen-Ellis.com you can read all about me, or why not watch one or all, for that matter, of my movies about printmaking, go to www.artcanbefun.com and click on printmaking movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment