San Francisco Girl By the Bay is one of my favorite blogs to escape into at least once a day. Victoria Smith is the hip bohemian creator of sfgirlbybay, and part of the Makeshift Society team, a new clubhouse for creatives. It will make you wish you live in SF!
To help stock the clubhouse shelves, Victoria is hosting a book drive for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift certificate.
I'll have to go through my bookcases, and book towers, to see which of my darlings I can part with.
I've posted a partial from her blog. If you want to read the entire post, click here.
MAKESHIFT SOCIETYmakeshift society is opening its door mid-september and we have sky-high bookcases we need to fill so that members will have an abundance of learning materials in our lending library. makeshift is receiving generous donations from chronicle books, laurence king and princeton architectural press, but we still need to fill those shelves. that’s where you come in. if you have some design and reference books you’d be willing to donate — even just one — please send them our way, and we’ll give away a $50 amazon gift card at random. so you can buy more books!
• mail us your book(s) via usps media mail (so it doesn’t cost you an arm & a leg! it’s only around $3-4 bucks) to:
235 gough street
san francisco, ca 94102
• send any book you think members can learn from, be it interior design, crafts, architecture, photography, language, typography, any skill at all — that’s what we’re in need of.
• include a business card, 3×5 card, or a piece of paper with your email address on it.
• we’ll draw a winner at random from all the donations received.
• please send your books by october 5th and we’ll announce a winner on twitter and facebook the week of october 8th, so follow us there to see the announcement.