One More Resolution

I'll Catch You Kelly Puissegur retrowhale.etsy.com & retrowhale.com

It is far too easy to lose track of friends,especially online or outofstatecitycountry friends. I'm not offended or in a fight with any of my friends, but I've let them slip away. I'm busy. They're busy. We have so much on our plates. Correct?

With the shock of learning of my friend's death yesterday, especially that she was terribly ill, and that I had absolutely no idea, I started looking up everyone I've lost touch with. I thought about my friend Carol, many times over the last year. The last time we emailed was last November. I've thought to call her and catch up. But didn't, just as I have thought about calling, writing, emailing, texting old friends, but haven't.

I'm adding one more resolution to my list.

It is too late in the case of my departed friend, and it may be too late with other friendships as well, but I am going to write, call, reconnect, check in, this year.

Keep Track: All we have is each other. In this life it is comforting to know we have friends who love us despite our many failings. Accept us for ourselves. Love us despite our quirks and tempers. Take our calls at unreasonable hours. Know our secrets and still like us. Defend us against our enemies with a fury worthy of myth. Break our fall. Catch us when we trip over ourselves. My goal is to contact every friend I've let slip under the horizon.

Artist Bio:
Feel free to visit my website- retrowhale.com

My drawings are little appreciations for found objects, plants, animals, people who inspire me, family, music, shapes, textures, and what ever else pops into my head. I change mediums frequently because I get board easily but my work generally maintains a child like, playful quality. My goal is to make affordable art that people can appreciate or relate to in some way.

Retrowhale is a member of Etsy for Animals: Artists Helping Animals (efa): www.etsyforanimals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment