Artist of the Day: Imam Reza Fighting with a Monster - Ausgezeichnet

Imam Reza Fighting a Monster - from Iran, the Book of the Presages Ausgezeichnet ausgezeichnet.etsy.com & http://ausgezeichent.over-blog.com

Other than my new emotional attachment to this artist and that I absolutely adore his work, I chose this particular piece because of the news of this morning. I'm talking about the new sanctions proposed for Iran. And, all the saber rattling. The former Administration tried this, then dropped it when the country let out an exasperated sigh all at once. Can we please not be so predictable and go from one war to the next to the next! Let's all hold our breathe, and let out a giant wind of exasperation and see if it does the trick. All I'm asking for is a little peace.

I love this artist from Samur, France and his joy inspiring paintings. His paintings are irreverent and wonderful. What I love most about his homage paintings, is that, from what I can tell, he reimagines famous painting with himself as the subject. From the few pieces I've seen of his work, other than the painting featured above, is the Blessed Virgin Mary of Guadeloupe.

Artist Bio:
Please see my blog : http://ausgezeichnet.over-blog.com. It would be for me a great pleasure, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment