Artist of the Day: Conspiracy of Nuts - Elisa Vegliante

Conspiracy of Nuts Elisa Begliante www.mondoexpressionism.com & mondoexpressionism.etsy.com

It's one of those mornings. It's a very loud morning filled with broken glass voices.

And there's this little conspiracy theory I've harboring the last few weeks. Not the Illuminati kind, or are Kennedy, Elvis, Tupac, etc. still alive kind of conspiracy, but more of a conspiracy of dunces, my reconfiguring of Jonathan Swift's dunces of confederacy.

My conspiracy theory isn't much of a conspiracy. It's probably more of a Matrix-based philosophy , but here it is: isn't it possible that the current political morass, the past political morass, and the future political morass is proof of a parallel universe, where we're really hamsters running on a giant wheel, and even though we know we should get off because we're tired and hungry and need to rest, we just can't, because, you see, there's this delicious-looking treat suspended from the ceiling, right in front of our wheel and if we hurry, we'll get it. Plus, nobody's ever got off the wheel. Safely.

So are we the conspirators or the dunces? You decide.

In any case, I'm officially taking a news break until my sense of humor returns (and reason and healthy bias returns to voters and news media).

Comedy Central is allowed and considered mandatory viewing, though.

I found this painting from New Haven artist,Elisa Vegliante,during my early morning snit, and unlike my got up on the wrong side of the bed I've been following politics too closely for my own good "discussion", it is irony-free and humor-infused.

I love art brut and outsider art,(out side of what?). Check out Elisa's painting.

Arist Bio:
Greetings! I have a wild, wild imagination and I love to paint. Inspired by the symbolic splattering of small children, I enjoy the freedom of expressing my experience directly without mediation from markets or culture. My paintings have been shown in galleries primarily in CT, NYC, and Mass, although presently I am representing myself on the Internet. My work is in the collections of a few daring people worldwide. Thanks For Looking! Please visit my website www.mondoexpressionism.com

I am also a member of CAAT

CaaT is the acronym for Complementary Art and Things. It represents a group of artists & crafters from various backgrounds, creating in various mediums and styles, gathered together in order to support, promote, encourage and enjoy one another's art and company. If you use CAAT TEAM in a search here on ETSY - you'll find these many gifted artisans and their fine array of various creative offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment