Artist of the Day: Coffee, Like It Black - Lily X


coffee, like it black lily x

Actually, I like my coffee with skim milk, cinnamon, and no sugar.

I haven't posted an image of my father for my The Coffee Project in over a year. I can't tell you why I stopped.

I meet my father for coffee every day after work. He tells me about his day. We argue about politics. And religion. And just about everything. We solve the world's problems. We laugh. A lot. Every once in a while, he pulls out a tale of the South Pacific, ca. 1946. Sometimes, he reveals another Dickensian tale from his Great Depression childhood. 

He's turning 85 next month. He learned to text this year

December 6 is the perfect day to resume my coffee project.

artist bio:  Lily X doesn't have a bio, but you can see more of her work at www.lily-x.tumblr.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment