Artist of the Day: Dream Beast - Tracy Stokes

DREAM BEAST original painting - outsider art -raw - primitive - naive - contemporary - mixed media
beast
SPYING ON BUNNY original painting -outsider art - mixed media  -  naive - folk art - contemporary
bunny
HATTED original painting - contemporary - mixed media - outsider art - expressionist
hatted
ELVIS & THE SANGOMA original painting - outsider art - raw - primitive - naive - contemporary - mixed media
elvis

I discovered this artist earlier, but haven't been close to a computer since early morning. Looking at these paintings is a fine way to close the day.
---
artist bio: My name is Tracy. I'm a self-taught mixed media artist living & painting on the slopes of Devil's Peak in Cape Town. I was born at the tip of Africa and grew up in the desert landscape of Namibia where I spent my childhood years playing in the dust, stepping on thorns and running free in dry riverbeds.As soon as I was old enough to leave home, I headed back for the bright lights of Cape Town. London followed a few years later, and before I knew it, I was married, with two children and pushing forty. For a while I thought I’d never get home again. But my homing instinct was strong, and I found my way back to the Mother City in 2008. Once safely ensconced at the foot of Table Mountain, I started creating, and I haven’t stopped since. This is how I really found my way back home. These days I spend my time painting, exploring the delights of the local countryside and hanging out with my family and other fun folks. My website: http://wildish.co.za
My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TracyStokesArt

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danna, just came across this blog post from my Etsy stats. Thanks so much for the love, I'm glad to find your blog :)

    ReplyDelete