Artist of the Day: Your Aura Is All Over the Place - Jill Emery

Your Aura Is All Over the Place - Jill Emery sallygotsthe.etsy.com jillemeryart.com

I love this piece. The title and the energy remind me of someone who is going through a mid-life crisis. Probably a projection because I think I'm going through a mid-life crisis. No, I haven't bought a sports car, nor am I dressing like a teenager, or botoxing my face back to my twenties, but my energy, my interests, are all over the place and I can't do what John Dufresne advised in a writing panel, "to sit your ass in the chair and write."

I've thrown my energy into making art and sculptures, jewelry, basil farming, a literary magazine, all worthy pursuits, but the novel still is unfinished.

The question still is: what am I so afraid of?

The answer: Well, for starters, that someone I love will heart attack or stroke, (it's happened five times. Yes, that is the exact number that I've begun work on the novel. And yes, I know about coincidence, but if it were you, I bet you'd be a little freaked out that the book you were writing were some kind of voodoo).

The other answer: That it won't be good enough. Pathetic.

The solution: Sit my ass in the chair and write.

Artist Bio:
Jill Emery was born in 1962, in Los Angeles where she is also based. A self-taught artist/musician. who played with Hole, Mazzy Star, Shadow Project, Super Heroines, as well as her own project attempts. She loved playing, but throughout the nightmares of music, she continued working on art which gave her a solitary outlet, where she could explore subconscious fragments of life.

Her usual work is acrylics on canvas, though recently she has been experimenting with aceo in her art for an affordable way to introduce to the world outside art galleries.

Jill Emery's art deals with emotions whether through people, self or animals and nature, & how its all connected.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment