Artist of the Day: Sea Nettle - Soujinesque

Sea Nettle - Soujinesque soujinesque.etsy.com

It's my last day at work before I break for summer vacation and I thought I'd see what I could discover before I shut down my computer. To my good fortune I found Soujinesque, a paper artist, who just opened her etsy shop today. She makes her marvelous creatures out of paper and mixed-media. I had a really hard time deciding which one to feature, but finally decided on the sea nettle because of the strong design and brilliant collors, (and the bit of paper lace tentacles).

Bio:
First of all, all the proceeds from this shop go to help my best friend, who is trying to pay for dental work not covered by insurance. She and her mom are extremely hard off, and I hope to raise money to help them out with my shop.

I make all my sea creatures out of scrapbooking or found paper -- sometimes I embellish with stickers or rhinestones, but 95% of them are made by hand by cutting out paper and sticking it together.

All sea creatures come with a little factoid sheet about the animal in the picture. They also come pre-framed.

Besides what's in the shop, I also do custom orders! I can make you anything you'd see in a typical marine biology textbook, and I sometimes do land animals for an extra fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment