Words From the Past

I was just looking through my writing logs from the last few years and came across a couple entries that in retrospect, really captured each specific year. Both are entries I wrote in December:

12/13/05
You'll never find yourself until you face the truth. Pearl S. Bailey
Here I stand. I can do nothing else. Luther said this in defense of rejecting the church just as I repeat his words to the shadows of my ancestors. Truth can be illusive when one chooses not to look, and only glance sideways at the truth from the corner of your eye.

Here I stand. I can do nothing else.
I repeat Luther's words
to the shadows.
Heritage is a landscape
littered with landmines,
buried deep in the soil,
until the fatal step,
the final explosion.


12/6/06
Russian film as inspiration

bodies like birds,
defying folds in space and time,
legs like wings,
men are birds

No comments:

Post a Comment