My Wish List

I've always been in the grip of wanderlust, but have spent far too much time as an armchair traveler. I've decided to spend the second half of my life wandering the globe. I'm busy working up a plan to make this more than a cold winter's day escape dream.

I've made my wish list and checked it more than twice and posted my top choices below. Check the links to see the fabulous photography of the featured artists.

The Louvre at Night - Rebecca Plotnick. rebeccaplotnick.etsy.com

I could spend a lifetime here.

Woman at Taj Mahal - bomobob.etsy.com

The Taj Mahal is just one destination I'd love to explore. I think I'd have to spend at least a month to six months in India to feel sated.

The Great Wall of China - Cengiz Yar Jr. hfwh.etsy.com

Years and years ago, when I used to illustrate for magazines, I made a painting of the first emperor. As I remember, I painted a butterfly very close to his head to symbolize his soul, knowing full well the iron fist with which he ruled and the incongruity of the image. I have a friend in China who has invited me to stay with her. I think it's time to take her up on her offer. I'll have to see what her husband and daughter think.

Step Pyramid of Saqqara - Heidi. illuminatedlunaphotography.blogspot.com

I've had a fascination with Ancient Egypt since I was a kid. My imaginary friend, Senya, claimed she lived and died there as a young woman. This is a photo of the oldest pyramid of Egpyt, actually called a mastaba. Giza and the well-known pyramid trio is fifteen miles away from Saqquara.

Treasure of the Treasury. Petra, Jordan - reflectionsofflight.etsy.com

Ever since I saw images of Petra in Smithsonian magazine, I've wanted to travel to Jordan to see this monument of stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment