All I Want for Christmas...

...is books(not that I need any more books), starting with the Secret Teachings of All Ages: An Encyclopedic Outline of Masonic, Hermetic, Qabbalistic and Rosicrucian Symbolical Philosophy by Manly P. Hall.

This sounds fascinating as well, Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge by Jeremy Narby.

And also, The Lost Language of Symbolism: v.1: The Origins of Symbols, Mythologies and Folklore Vol I by Harold Bayley.

And finally, The Masks of God: Primitive Mythology v. 1 by Joseph Campbell. Actually, I'd like the entire Joseph Campbell library.

I'm in an esoteric frame of mind today, and with the off and on winter chill, hours before the fire reading about the origin of human belief systems sounds like the perfect way to spend the holidays.

As for literary reads, I plan to spend the year rereading Toni Morrison and E.L. Docotorow's collections as a kind of master class to get back on track with my writng

No comments:

Post a Comment