30 Poems in 30 Days - Eighteen: Tinkerbell's Advice

This poem is from a writing exercise I did way back in '02 in which we were to access and write from the shadow side of your personality. I remember I was in a dark bent of mind and was certain Kali or Medusa would appear, but no. Tinkerbell came flittling in. She appeared as a tiny magical fairy dusting the sky silver with her magical wand. She wore a gown of white feathers. In my version of Tinkerbell, she sleeps in a wooden shoe that is balanced on a precariously pointed mountain, but she doesn't worry. The shoe rocks her to sleep. She told me it was time to "lighten up!"


Tinkerbell's Advice

Danna

Put a brisket in the fire
let it spin in upmost dire
oh, you thought this poem would rhyme
now you know the words are mine
you are so attached to sorrow
you don't think of crims and torrow
yes, I know I've made it up
listen to the tripe you sup
you can't weep the days away
you must choose the way to fly
no one knows your deepest wish
no, not even you to keep
all is sky and cloud and wish
take the leap
it's only air

No comments:

Post a Comment