Trees in Winter - Up Above

Up Above 8x8 fine art photograph Sherri Conley

I think this image captures winter.

I took a photo very similar to Conley's, (although the season was summer),about ten years ago when I was camping with my husband's family in Kamas, Utah. I was wandering around with my camera trying to take an artsy shot when I looked up and realized I was surrounded by six cathedral-tall trees. I remember feeling light-headed, as if I were in a sacred space. It's been a very long time since I've looked at that photograph. I'll have to dig through my stacks tonight and find it.

You may be interested to know that the etymology of temple is templos, which translates to grove of trees.

Sherri Conley is a Richmond, Virginia photographer. You can view more of her work at sherriconley.etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment