NaNoing A Novel in Thirty Days: Year Five - NaNoWriMo 2010

If you've been reading this blog, you may remember that last year I posted a poem a day, thirty poems in all in my Thirty Poems in Thirty Days, for National Poetry Month 2010. I have a few Poem Therapy poems and random posts scattered in with my original poems as well.

Although I've been nanoing for the last five years, I've never posted anything I've written for the nanoing month of writing. That's about to change. (I know you're sitting on proverbial pins and needles waiting for the first post).

Nanoing is short for nanowrimo - National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write 1,667 words for a grand total of 50 K words. So far, I've reached that goal only once. Regardless, nanowrimo has served as a kick start to stalled writing projects.

The first day of nanoing is here and I'm still unsure as to what I will write. The important thing is that I'll be writing. What you need to know is that I plan to post messy, unedited, wandering around the trees lost and blind, possibly incomprehensible, shitty rough draft posts. You are welcome to comment, but at some point, probably in December, I will revise them into some type of comprehension. What I'm saying is that I retain all rights to my writing. Just saying.

If you're interested in learning nanowrimo, here's the site.

It's not to late to get nanoing. Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment