Fat Tuesday Winter Wonderland

March 8, 2011.

Other than the Utah Art Festival's Tardi Mardi Bash, Fat Tuesday slips by without much fanfare. The only thing really letting it rip in my neck of the woods, was the weather. It snowed relentlessly.

Here's a great New Orleans site on all things Mardi Gras. Be certain to check out the Mardi Gras History/Indians. The costumes are fabulous! Also, if you haven't checked out HBO's Treme, tonight's a good time to start.

I know I'm going to head to the store and find as much decadance I can stomach, literally. I'm not much of a faster, but I am going to find at least one delicacy I can give up for forty days, (I have a long list of vices I should give up, so no trouble there).

Go ahead and Eat, Drink, and be Merry, until the stroke of midnight, because tomorrow the party's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment