This Moment: San Francisco, California - 8:25 A.M.

Eucalyptus trees stir in the cool breeze. The streets are perilously steep. I imagine snow on these streets, the car sliding backwards, plummeting, and my heart races. I open my eyes and am confronted with stark sunshine and a fuchsia blossomed tree contained in a large pot. The houses are abutted against each other like a large family in a too small bed. The light changes and we transition to a level winding road with terra-cotta roofs lining the road downward to the white city by it's bay. The blue water is speckled with sailboats. A giant green and blue tile caterpillar set in a yellow background covers a stairwell. A woman sits on a star themed mosaic blus bench, her old dog drooling beside her. She smiles a genuine greeting and for a moment the melancholia lifts. For a moment I think of the promise and hope this marriage offers. I return to my thoughts yesterday at ten thousand feet, flying through thin clouds: what gender is the heart? Today, we will stand witness as two hearts pledge to love each other for as long as they continue beating.

No comments:

Post a Comment