Artist of the Day: Dream of Water and Sky - Tricia McKellar

Dream of Water and Sky,No. 6527. Tricia McKellar eyeful.etsy.com blog at http://triciamckellar.com/note99 - photograph of Bogue Inlet at the North Carolina outer banks. Original photograph with digital painting.

This photograph reminded me of the I finished reading last night, Monique Truoung's Bitter in the Mouth. The setting is Boiling Springs, North Carolina, and one of the character's, Baby Harpo, is never without his camera, constantly documenting his family and community. The book is brilliant. McKellar's photograph captures what I was feeling while I was reading it.


Artist bio:
I’m Tricia McKellar, an artist & photographer in North Carolina, USA. I carry my camera with me almost everywhere. My dreamy photographs combine original photographs with digital painting. Wanderlust & the Southern landscape inspire many of my works

No comments:

Post a Comment