Where Have You Been, Where Are You Going?: National Geographic's Genographic Project

Check out National Geographic's Genographic Project's A Landmark Study of the Human Journey. If you want to see for yourself your ancestors journey to where ever you are now, purchase your kit and wait patiently for two weeks for the result.

My family is participating and I'm excited to see our long journey from Africa to North America. While you wait, read the blog to see what other participants have discovered.

As for my family, I'm going to guess the following, based on genealogy, family lore, dreams I have had in which I remember speaking languages, and the origins of my childhood imaginary friend; (as always, a mix of logic and intuition, the ridiculous and the sublime):

Ghana/Ancient Africa & Egypt - Imhotep III era (Senya - imaginary friend abducted from homeland and brought to Egypt to serve in Pharoah's court - death by suffocation in sealed pyramid - her story follows the Aida opera very closely)
Sparta/Rome (death by arrow firing squad)
Friesland - 10th century(pregnant queen & fetus killed so as not to have regent rights)
Senegal - 17th century (snake wrestling initiation rite by moonlight - machetes featured prominently)
Russia - the Rus/Vikings
England & Germany
France 17th Century
Native American - Eastern tribes
Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment